Your cell phone company preference in the States?

Cell company you like....

• Verizon

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Sprint PCS

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • AT&T

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Cingular

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Codasmd

Old School XPeriencer
I'm currently with Sprint PCS. I pay $30 for 300 minutest per month. But I'm going to be using around 700 minutes per month from here on out. (Work).

Just wondering what you guys and girls prefer as far as always having a signal, customer service, coverage area, etc.

Not terribly interested in text mess., email, and all the other add on's...I'm just looking for good cell coverage.

Thanks,
L

im using ATT and im sharing a plan for $50/month that comes with 600 minutes and free nights and weekends...the signal i get is really good but when i went to New York i found it kinda low, and some people said Verizon is best in big cities.

Well what you dont have listed is T-Mobile, I have been using them for a while now in Hawaii and Seattle. The coverage is one of the better ones, and as of now their customer service is number one among all the phone services in USA.

I would also recommend Verizon for the NW area, im not sure about california, i worked their a while back and they have been putting alot of money in making sure they have great coverage.

I agree with MC82. T-Mobile or Verizon are probably your best choices.

I'm currently on a T-Mobile $39.99 plan. Got in on a promotion last year, so I get 1000 anytime minutes, with free unlimited nights and weekends, which is a really good deal, in my opinion.

T-Mobile's rates are probably the most reasonable, signal strength is very good in most areas (depends quite a bit on your phone too - I have the Nokia 3650), and customer service is top notch. Also, T-Mobile uses a GSM network, so if you get a tri-band phone, you can use it anywhere in the world.

Verizon is popularly known to have the best coverage in these parts - I say popularly because there are very few areas, if any, in which I haven't picked up a signal as strong as (or in some cases stronger) than some of my friends who are on Verizon, so it might just be a myth. Verizon's rates are also higher than T-Mobile's in most cases. I can't say anything about customer service in this case.

Cingular allows rollover minutes, which can be nice, but I've personally never gone anywhere close to 1000 minutes in a month. I don't know many people who use Cingular, so I'm not sure what the reception/coverage/service is like.

IIRC T-Mobile actually piggybacks on the Sprint's and Cingular's network. Cingular coverage should be the best soon as they have fully integrated ATT. Personally, I have the most experience with Nextel and have never had a problems with them. I found coverage to be better than Verizon.

yeah....my friends family use nextel and the have no probs when the service what so ever

dreamliner77 said:
IIRC T-Mobile actually piggybacks on the Sprint's and Cingular's network. Cingular coverage should be the best soon as they have fully integrated ATT.
How could T-Mobile use Sprint's network? One is GSM, the other isn't.
It is a fact that Cingular and T-Mobile share some common towers though. I have been explicitly connected to Cingular's network a couple of times (was probably a glitch), but even when it displays T-Mobile on your phone, it's sometimes using a network that's shared with Cingular.

They may not use Sprint anymore, I do know that at one point in time they did. Or maybe Sprint has a hybrid network? Haven't really looked into it for a while. I think alot of it also depends on location.

And no one's mentioned Virgin (HAHAHA)

how about boost or w/e? u know those commercials with the old people...love those :)

I hear that cingular is better on the East coast, not that great in the west coast. I have a few friends who use cingular and some who work for them and they all dont really like the service here in Seattle. The roll-over minutes is just a gimmick and somehow (dont remember why) its not even worth the time of day.

Like Netryder, I am also using hte $39.99 plan and that 1000 min is perfect for my monthly uses.

I also always go to asia to buy my phone so that I am at least 6 months ahead of the states, this only works with T-mobile, Cingular and some AT&T services. I know you did not really care about the phones and features, just thought it might be some useful info

I use Cingular and have for many years. I don't think I have ever lost a signal and they have been top notch as far as fixing my phones!

AT&T has been decent for me, but now with their GSM America plans, they let you roam all you want in the U.S. and you don't get charged.

I sometimes think that the *phone* is what makes a good plan, because I switched to another phone a few months ago, and it is crap. I hate it, but I got it for free, so it isn't as if I can ask for my money back. :p

Well...as soon as my contract runs out in September, I'm going to go shopping again...

Melon

Thanks for the replies...my g/f uses Verizon and says that the coverage is great.

I really need to get that $39.99 for 1000 anytime minutes. That's a really good deal.

By the way...anyone know why he said that the rollover minutes is a "joke" or bad deal?

There are rumors that T-Mobile will bring back the 39.99 plan with 1000 minutes and unlimited nights and weekends sometime around next month or perhaps in September.
Not sure if it's actually going to happen, but if it happens, you could jump on it then.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back