Your 20 watt brain?

I

ikester7579

Picture in your mind the sight and sounds of popcorn popping. As you picture the popping becoming more frantic as the popper fills up, do you begin to smell the popcorn? That's part of the wonder of the brain. The brain can not only store words and ideas, but sights, sounds and even smells.

The average person's memory is able to retain about 100 billion bits of information - the information found in 500 sets of encyclopedias. But, to use computer language, the brain is not only a place where information is stored, it is also an information processor. Yet it only weighs a little less than four pounds and uses about 20 watts of energy. Our most sophisticated modern computers don't even begin to approach such efficiency.

Research has shown that the more you use part of your brain, the larger that part becomes - just like building muscles. And if you don't use part of your brain, it starts shrinking. Few of us have developed our ability to memorize things to any great extent. But to show you what can be done, in May of 1974 a Burmese man recited, from memory, 16,000 pages from a Buddhist religious text!

Noah Webster (Webster dictionary) could resite any part of the bible by chapter and verse.

What have you been doing with your brain?

What have you been doing with your brain?

Converting it to DDR and fitting it with a new heat sink!:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back