you have just ignored an incoming call

sy64004

OSNN Addict
Everytime I log on to the net after about 5 mins I get a box telling me I have just ignored an incoming call and then the connection is useless.

The phone company say there is no call waiting on the line so it must be a computer problem and the computer company say it's a telephone problem.

Can anyone help me with this as it's driving me insane as i can't log on long enough to do anything

Sounds like you have one of the call notification programs installed. There are a few out there that I hear a fairly good. basically they get the incoming call signal through the line and then notify you that a call is coming in,apparentlyn they are supposed to prompt you to either except the call and disconnect form the net, or ignore the call and continue surfing. I'd check to see if you have anything like this installed on your system.

Originally posted by xsivforce
did you try *70 anyway?

Where would I put this?? (no witty comments please ;)) and does it work in all areas ie USA UK, etc?

Originally posted by djmgyx
Sounds like you have one of the call notification programs installed. There are a few out there that I hear a fairly good. basically they get the incoming call signal through the line and then notify you that a call is coming in,apparentlyn they are supposed to prompt you to either except the call and disconnect form the net, or ignore the call and continue surfing. I'd check to see if you have anything like this installed on your system.

Nope, nothing installed.

Any other ideas??

Originally posted by dude

Where would I put this?? (no witty comments please ;)) and does it work in all areas ie USA UK, etc?

If your in USA, *70, other countries...I think some have similar. You put it where you type in the number you are calling for your dialup connection. Type it before the number as if it were a part of the number.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back