You aint gonna belive this: Bread costing 10 quid a loaf!

P

pothitos

I found this over at the OcUK forums:

A loaf of bread costing nearly £10 has gone on sale in supermarkets.

The special loaf is called Poilane sourdough and contains just flour salt and water.

The manufacturers claim it has a superior taste and health-giving properties.

Davis Smith, chief executive of the National Association of Master Bakers told The Sunday Times: "It's not unusual to have a £2 or £3 loaf. A lot of craftmanship has gone into those loaves and people are prepared to pay for the skill of the baker."

The loaf is being sold at Waitrose for £9.62.

But in a blind test carried out on shoppers nine out of 12 said they preferred the taste of a £1.45 from Safeway to Poilane's sourdough.

"They taste the same to me," said Joseph Hall, 75.

Why would any one pay £10 for a loaf!!!!!!! A couple of years ago sainsburys econemy bread used to cost 6p a loaf!

Some people have more money than sense

;-)

Sounds like the executives of the buisness are trying to get rich then close the company. Don't think they will get very rich. That's about $20 or more a loaf for us. :eek:

I dont eat carbohydrate only protien fat and such as i pile on the weight with bread rice pasta and such.

But i miss a piece and cheese

Hipster - LMAO - who cares about bread when ya can get cancer so cheaply??

Actually - that is a bloody ridiculous price for a loaf of bread - regardless of what it is made out of!:D

Where in the North East are you from Marge?
If you say Springfield I will talk to you never again.

That is a way to make dough out of dough if you ask me.

Wonder where the English Government will send anyone that steals one of those loaves?? :D

Na Hipster, they will send them over in airplanes now from the Muver Country.. No more rowing for them :)

OK we'll land them in the same place that Kingsford Smith set down. I'm sure they will soon settle into their new environment.

Jyst think though people are gonna want to know what all the fuss is about so they will go and buy it to see if theres any diference so the company will probably make a s*** load of dosh.

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
Where in the North East are you from Marge?
If you say Springfield I will talk to you never again.
:D Springfield!!!!!!! No seriously Middlesbrough:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back