Yo, Need Help Plz!

N

NeedHelper

Is it possible to install Win Xp on 2 comps?? i heard from someone that if i dont activate it , it will stop working in 30 days. Is there some thing i can do , so that doesnt happen?? or do i have to buy another license?

One Disk One Computer

That's how it works, from what I'm told. The second install should run out in the 30 days that you spoke of. I think you get a discount for your second install. Not much 10 or 15 bucks.

Well....Being as this is just a informational question..

(and of course you are just curious as to IF it could be done).
The official and correct answer is that you must have purchased a copy of WinXP for Each seperate 'puter you install it on.

[BTW, Don't hold your breath on ANY discount from MS]

Supposidly :D , If your 2 computers are Identical (Same exact system, hardware configuration, memory, LAN card, etc) then the activation is supposed to be the same for a given hardware configuration.

I have even seen (although it was NOT HERE at ex-perience.com) at another WinXP site a step by step method for taking an XP home version of XP and converting it to a <cough> different version which does not <cough> have the 30 day restriction <cough, cough>.

Course I don't <cough> condone any such "messing" with your beloved XP files.

Damn Dust in the air <cough, cough>:mad:

Hey, but on a Brighter note

:D you could always check out some nifty sites that could actually help you <cough> keep your 'puter in top shape !!
http://www.winxptop.com/winxptop/default.asp

:D Don't say I never gave you nothin :D <cough, cough>

bad koff... u been hangin round devilstown again in the rain ?

2nd instal?

where can i obtain this 2nd install?? and how much is it?

Re: 2nd instal?

Originally posted by NeedHelper
where can i obtain this 2nd install?? and how much is it?
Closest computer store? Same as the first one?

The second Install is only $10-$15 off a regular install... And from waht I've read the demand for it has been so great That MS aren't doing it anymore... But I read that in an actual magazine, and yo know those thing are written three months ahead...

Why would he want to break his XP cd?!? IS that allowed?!?

A crack is a small software program. in this case it that disable the 30 day trial period. that is encoded into the XP OS.
Is it allowed. (probably not)

yes i can confirm that there are cracks out there cuz my friend has a cracked version-- installed on all the comps in his house

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back