yellow triangle

dragonbeat

old timer
:( can anyone tell me how do i get rid of the yellow triangle that comes with delayed write failed,it happens when im transferring files from c drive to d drive,most times data is lost because of it, :confused: ive scanned for viruses and disc checked but no luck ,so anyone out there who can help me :D

if this is a buffer under/over running problem you can try two things - disabling fast writing and writing at a slower speed.... Also may help us if you tell us the writer you are using and what software, or more details...

:confused: when transfering a file from one hard drive(c) to another (d)the triangle appears with the message of data lost. :confused: the same happens when opening a e- mail and trying to transfer to d drive,all data is lost,with audio files on d drive and when trying to play them a error message appears with the following code :- COOD11CD

dragonbeat said:
:confused: when transfering a file from one hard drive(c) to another (d)the triangle appears with the message of data lost. :confused: the same happens when opening a e- mail and trying to transfer to d drive,all data is lost,with audio files on d drive and when trying to play them a error message appears with the following code :- COOD11CD
These 2 HDD, are 2 partitions on the same HDD or 2 different drives?If they are 2 different, have you checked for cables, if they are both in UDMA mode!? Also do you run any antivirus program at the backgroung running a very deep full scan!? Is HDD D a usb HDD!?If you could write down more characteristics about the 2 drives.Also does this appear when you do the opposite (transfer data from D to C) !?Have you checked for the integrity of drive D? :)

Try a player other than WMP - if you wonder why see here

I am confused this is happening just moving across HD's - on the plus side it might mean your optical device is OK. I think we still need more information and that the last problem is just a side effect of what went wrong earlier on. I mean I know you are confused, but just try to describe everything so we can try to see what is happening... or maybe a screen shot of the first step where problems arise?

just had a look at the drives in disk managment,both disk's are not enabled there,also transfer of data from d to c is okay. :confused:

dragonbeat said:
just had a look at the drives in disk managment,both disk's are not enabled there,also transfer of data from d to c is okay. :confused:
What does this means
in disk managment,both disk's are not enabled there
!? And can you give me the rest of the info that I asked you for, above!?

:confused: transfered all data to c drive ,used discwizard to re-install and format drive ,the drive is now enabled but c drive is still blank,should it be like this.transfered a file from c to d no problems so far.please advise on c drive should it show that it is enabled or not. if it should be how do i enable it. :confused:

we need more info - you still haven;t told us if these are partitions (logical drives) or if you have separate physical drives? Is discwizard some sort of utility? How does "enabled" and "disabled" come into it? I am afraid you seem to have lost us... so far!

Mainframeguy said:
we need more info - you still haven;t told us if these are partitions (logical drives) or if you have separate physical drives? Is discwizard some sort of utility? How does "enabled" and "disabled" come into it? I am afraid you seem to have lost us... so far!
Agree!I have asked him twice, but either he doesn't read the post, or he doesn't understand what we are asking and he is doing!? :(

both drives are physical drives (seagate barracudas 40 gig each) ,the programme mentioned is a seagate programme for maint.,partitions etc.,going back to the problem the drives have reverted back to not being enabled,hope this will help you. :confused: :(

dragonbeat said:
both drives are physical drives (seagate barracudas 40 gig each) ,the programme mentioned is a seagate programme for maint.,partitions etc.,going back to the problem the drives have reverted back to not being enabled,hope this will help you. :confused: :(
So we are talking about 2 different HDD.Please read the following and answer them as set:

1) Look at system in control panel, if they are UDMA or PIO.
2) Also a defrag should be a good thing to do.
3) Check the cables, if they are connected alright inside.
4) Also, what power supply you have in your tower and what is your hardware donfiguration.
5) Is it running any antivirus program at the background.

Please answer me these questions as set, to be able to help you

yello triangle

:) many thanks for the help maddocter, it was the cable that wasn't making proper contact.it's been okay for about two days so hopefully that will be the end to that problem. :D

dragonbeat said:
:) many thanks for the help maddocter, it was the cable that wasn't making proper contact.it's been okay for about two days so hopefully that will be the end to that problem. :D
Glad to assist you :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back