Yea!!! Just got a free broadband upgrade!!!

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
I just got a free RoadRunner Upgrade to a 3 Meg down, 2 meg up. But after testing it with sever sites I am actually getting 4.3 Meg down, and a 3 Meg up:)

Every-time someone get's a faster pipe it makes me hate the UK's pathetic connectivity more and more :p

I doubt it is 3 Mbps upload as Roadrunner premium is 6Mbps Downstream x 512 Kbps Upstream.

my comcast is about to go from 3mb down and 256 up to 4.5 mb down and 384 up

Tuffgong4 said:
my comcast is about to go from 3mb down and 256 up to 4.5 mb down and 384 up

No it is going to 4000/384 for free and then for 10 dollars more per month you can get 6000/768.

The caps will be set to 4300/384 and 6600/768.

SPeedY_B said:
Every-time someone get's a faster pipe it makes me hate the UK's pathetic connectivity more and more :p
I know! It makes me sick! :p :)

SPeedY_B said:
how much is your pipe running?

I think in all broadband countries, my country is the most pathetic. I'm running on a 1MB/384KB (DL / UL) and when i tested i'm just running on a mere 800Kbps/200kbps only.

Maveric169 said:
I just got a free RoadRunner Upgrade to a 3 Meg down, 2 meg up. But after testing it with sever sites I am actually getting 4.3 Meg down, and a 3 Meg up:)

2 UP!!!! i wish i had that....man, I host games and I would LOVE to have that

I'm still stuck on 512/128, and I've had it for at least 2 yeatrs now. Damn BT, they've only lowered the price down by a few pounds, and there's a high chance of capping bandwith as well in the near future :/

eh 4.5 or 4 so what it's still a free upgrade

thought it was fast anyway

1.7 DL
1.0 UL

$34.00 a month

As soon as my modem *cough* dies they give you a new one with WiFi on it. :sneaky:

SPeedY_B said:

Just means I have to keep this datacentre job and plenty of CD's (or a maxtor one touch) :D

100mbit baby :D

I have roadrunner too but i think only the download speed increased. i think mines around 3mbps down / 384 up?

I have roadrunner as well in North Carolina.. i got and upgrade from3Mbps to 5Mbps .. premium got bumped up to 8.. upload is the same ithink..

oi Nismo83 why is your 2600+ runnng at 2.1 mines at 1.91 and its annoying that barrier between 1.9 and 2!!!

SickBoi said:
I have roadrunner as well in North Carolina.. i got and upgrade from3Mbps to 5Mbps .. premium got bumped up to 8.. upload is the same ithink..

I'm in Raleigh NC and I haven't gotten an upgrade. My line is terrible. I checked my benchmark and mind you at the moment I'm hosting a BF1942 server with only 3 people on it. But I'm at 1.2DL and 194UL it seems rather low so once people get off of the server, I'll be restarting and resetting everything but still....

stop making me jelous guys, im getting 26.4kbps right now lol

Pfff. My friend is actually getting FREE internet at the moment because he subscribed to a 2mb service, but the switch from a 512k connection does not allow him to go directly to a 2mb service from another ISP. So, what the ISP is doing is giving him FREE internet at 512k until they convert his connection to the 2mb sevice. They're saying that the estimated date of activation will be end of Feb.

I have 3072 kbits down and 500 kbits up atm, but it will be upped to 4000 down and 770 up. If I fork out an extra 20 euros/month I'll get 10000 kbits down and 1050 kbits up. But I don't think I'll do that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back