• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Yea!!! Just got a free broadband upgrade!!!

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
I just got a free RoadRunner Upgrade to a 3 Meg down, 2 meg up. But after testing it with sever sites I am actually getting 4.3 Meg down, and a 3 Meg up:)

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
Tuffgong4 said:
my comcast is about to go from 3mb down and 256 up to 4.5 mb down and 384 up
No it is going to 4000/384 for free and then for 10 dollars more per month you can get 6000/768.

The caps will be set to 4300/384 and 6600/768.

Nismo83

OSNN AZN Addict
SPeedY_B said:
Every-time someone get's a faster pipe it makes me hate the UK's pathetic connectivity more and more :p
how much is your pipe running?

I think in all broadband countries, my country is the most pathetic. I'm running on a 1MB/384KB (DL / UL) and when i tested i'm just running on a mere 800Kbps/200kbps only.

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political User
Maveric169 said:
I just got a free RoadRunner Upgrade to a 3 Meg down, 2 meg up. But after testing it with sever sites I am actually getting 4.3 Meg down, and a 3 Meg up:)
2 UP!!!! i wish i had that....man, I host games and I would LOVE to have that

onimkron

OSNN Senior Addict
I'm still stuck on 512/128, and I've had it for at least 2 yeatrs now. Damn BT, they've only lowered the price down by a few pounds, and there's a high chance of capping bandwith as well in the near future :/

Steevo

Spammer representing.
Political User
1.7 DL
1.0 UL

$34.00 a month

As soon as my modem *cough* dies they give you a new one with WiFi on it. :sneaky:

SPeedY_B said:
Every-time someone get's a faster pipe it makes me hate the UK's pathetic connectivity more and more :p
Just means I have to keep this datacentre job and plenty of CD's (or a maxtor one touch) :D

100mbit baby :D

SickBoi

Kicker of Elves
I have roadrunner as well in North Carolina.. i got and upgrade from3Mbps to 5Mbps .. premium got bumped up to 8.. upload is the same ithink..

SickBoi said:
I have roadrunner as well in North Carolina.. i got and upgrade from3Mbps to 5Mbps .. premium got bumped up to 8.. upload is the same ithink..
I'm in Raleigh NC and I haven't gotten an upgrade. My line is terrible. I checked my benchmark and mind you at the moment I'm hosting a BF1942 server with only 3 people on it. But I'm at 1.2DL and 194UL it seems rather low so once people get off of the server, I'll be restarting and resetting everything but still....

ming

OSNN Advanced
Pfff. My friend is actually getting FREE internet at the moment because he subscribed to a 2mb service, but the switch from a 512k connection does not allow him to go directly to a 2mb service from another ISP. So, what the ISP is doing is giving him FREE internet at 512k until they convert his connection to the 2mb sevice. They're saying that the estimated date of activation will be end of Feb.

I have 3072 kbits down and 500 kbits up atm, but it will be upped to 4000 down and 770 up. If I fork out an extra 20 euros/month I'll get 10000 kbits down and 1050 kbits up. But I don't think I'll do that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grovo_test