Yamaha CD Burner Problems

P

pegusus

Hey, im having some problems with my Yamaha cd burner, it isnt acknowledging that there is a cd in it, the blue light on it will flash multiple times then go purple which means it has no cd in it, though it does. I have tried multiple types of CD-R's, switched the drive bay's around and from slave to master and back again. If anyone has any idea of how i may be able to fix this please do so, i use my burner alot and i need it back in working order as soon as possible! thanks alot :)

By the way, my dvd-rom still works in both drive bays so im assuming it has nothing to do with the connectors, but the drive itself.

I had a Yamaha drive once for about 2 days before I got rid of the POS. This was about a year ago, don't know if they improved any, but I know that it would not see disks, and if you went to my computer and double clicked the drive, your only hope was the power button. Sounds like it is dead, get a lite on for half the price and burn away without problems.

Yah, mine is about a year old and I am having the same problem of it not reading normal cd's or now cd'rs. Ill have to definately look into a new one, but this time with my own money :/

Had a Yamaha CDRW up to 8.months ago.with occasional software conflicts, usually my error.
Ony had to clean it.
Definitely superior build quality against most other brands, in fact Yamaha pulled out of this market because they would not compromise this quality and would not try to produce £30 models when they led the market in technology that could not be sold at that price.
Try Hipsters page first, and then possible software driver type conflicts introduced after CDRW was last working correctly.
These machines just do not fail to work en masse.
A case of "cheaper most definitely is not best"

Hey, i messed around with the slave and master things on the back of the drive, and ive seem to got it to work, hopefully nothing else goes wrong, thanks for all the input though :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back