Yahoo! Messenger for Vista Preview Now Available!

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
Take a sneak peek at Yahoo! Messenger for Windows Vista™

You asked us to keep you in the loop about Yahoo! Messenger for Vista. How about a chance to try things out for yourself? Here's a preview.

We've included many of your favorite features and several new surprises, plus a sleek design.

Thanks for your patience as we built this first version. Check it out, play around, then share your feedback with us.

Try out the new Yahoo! Messenger for Vista.

More Information: http://messenger.yahoo.com/windowsvista.php
Download: http://messenger.yahoo.com/download_vista.php

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Long Zheng says its faster with the SP1 beta installed, as WPF is in general.
They left out the video stuff tho ;(

madmatt

Political Access
It's quite obvious that it is not feature complete. There are hardly any configuration options. I'm sure by the end of it the RTM will ship with ads too.

It installs to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\ so it appears it only installs for the active user. It also installs alongside the current version.

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political Access
It's quite obvious that it is not feature complete. There are hardly any configuration options. I'm sure by the end of it the RTM will ship with ads too.

Are you talking about Yahoo or Vista? :lick:

LordOfLA

Godlike!
I'll be popping my machine back over to vista now that I've acheived what I needed XP for and will try this out :)

madmatt

Political Access
Yahoo! Messenger for Vista is a resource hog! It was using 125MB after running for 12 hours.

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Rafael's patch to make it work on Vista x64:
http://www.anti-tgtsoft.com/?p=31

Tried it out earlier today, and I have to say, I was quite disappointed. After all the delays, I was expecting it to be much more polished than it is. It's missing a bunch of features, but more importantly, the performance is awful.

Guess I'm not too bothered though; I really only have two people on my Yahoo! contact list, and they're also on other IM networks anyway.

madmatt

Political Access
You can add me. Then you'll have three contacts.

YM for the Web rocks.

omg its nlm

lvl 17 Hax
I like. Only if I just used yahoo...

Anyone Testing the Astra? Have not head to much on that.

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political Access
Tried it out earlier today, and I have to say, I was quite disappointed. After all the delays, I was expecting it to be much more polished than it is. It's missing a bunch of features, but more importantly, the performance is awful.

Again, I'm so confused, I thought this thread was about Yahoo and not Vista! Stay on-topic please.

LordOfLA

Godlike!
/me pokes j79 with the "anti vista hate" stick....

Vista is not nearly as bad as most people are making out. Please bear that in mind when posting exceedingly poor jokes about it :)

GEN3RIC

OSNN Senior Addict
http://www.ymessengerblog.com/ -real 64bit version on there

It's been a year since it was shown off with less bugs at CES. I don't know what they've been doing, but it certainly wasn't 'active development' on this Vista client. Everybody at work is assuming they were waiting until 3.5 release was official or something. Our WPF client looks better, is more stable, and has more glitz. Come on, Yahoo...:dead:

Here's to hoping. :up:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nodee