yahoo messanger

N

nwilcox

My sister has Yahoo Messanger, Windows XP Home. She is saying that when she does a file transfer she gets a message that she is behind firewall. She does have a D-Link router. Does anyone know the port that needs to be opened to allow her to send?

No luck....

I went there and opened the ports that the site has said for yahoo, I still have the same problem.

You have to disable the XP firewall...Go to Control Panel...Network and Internet Connections...right-click on the internet connection, go to properties...go to "Advanced" tab, and make sure the the firewall option is UNCHECKED.

Just thought of another thing, you might have to be the DMZ/Trusted Host on the router.

Is it turned on by default in Windows XP Home Edition?

Do you know what ports need to be opened for Yahoo Messanger, I have tried ports 5000,5001,5050. All dont work, I even tried the ones from the link above.

Not sure, if the router has a virtual server section, try entering them there.

Yes the D-Link DI-704 does have Virtual Server and that is were I have them enabled. Still yahoo wont let me.

Since you have a router I also assume that you have either a DSL or cable modem. To verify that the problem is within the router try connecting the computer directly to the modem and see if the file transfers are successful when you bypass the router. If the file transfers are successful then you do at least know that the problem is with the router configuration.

Sad to say... I have a dial-up modem hooked up to router... I know, I know... Issues with Comcast have delayed the roll out here for cable internet. Should be here any day now. I will take your suggestion and plug modem into computer and try that. I never even thought about that.

yahoo messenger

I have yahoo messenger on windows xp, everything works ok except when I try to go to a chat room nothing happens.
I get the list of rooms available, but when I click on one and choose go to room the choose room window dissapears and nothing else happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back