• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

yahoo messanger

N

nwilcox

My sister has Yahoo Messanger, Windows XP Home. She is saying that when she does a file transfer she gets a message that she is behind firewall. She does have a D-Link router. Does anyone know the port that needs to be opened to allow her to send?

N

nwilcox

No luck....

I went there and opened the ports that the site has said for yahoo, I still have the same problem.

D

dejav00

You have to disable the XP firewall...Go to Control Panel...Network and Internet Connections...right-click on the internet connection, go to properties...go to "Advanced" tab, and make sure the the firewall option is UNCHECKED.

D

dejav00

Just thought of another thing, you might have to be the DMZ/Trusted Host on the router.

N

nwilcox

Do you know what ports need to be opened for Yahoo Messanger, I have tried ports 5000,5001,5050. All dont work, I even tried the ones from the link above.

N

nwilcox

Yes the D-Link DI-704 does have Virtual Server and that is were I have them enabled. Still yahoo wont let me.

jw50

OSNN Senior Addict
Since you have a router I also assume that you have either a DSL or cable modem. To verify that the problem is within the router try connecting the computer directly to the modem and see if the file transfers are successful when you bypass the router. If the file transfers are successful then you do at least know that the problem is with the router configuration.

N

nwilcox

Sad to say... I have a dial-up modem hooked up to router... I know, I know... Issues with Comcast have delayed the roll out here for cable internet. Should be here any day now. I will take your suggestion and plug modem into computer and try that. I never even thought about that.

H

hohner

yahoo messenger

I have yahoo messenger on windows xp, everything works ok except when I try to go to a chat room nothing happens.
I get the list of rooms available, but when I click on one and choose go to room the choose room window dissapears and nothing else happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix