Yahoo Inc.'s new Anti-Spy

tdinc

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
I tested Yahoo's Inc. new Anti-Spy on my testing PC.

loaded my test PC with at least 20 well known and tough adware and spy bugs.
I ran the new software and then checked the results. it pick up 4 out of 20!
what a poor excuse of a program. I suggest Yahoo stick to search engines.
stay away from this one peeps. BTW, I then ran Spy-bot to clean up the mess
Yahoo's program left on the PC and Spy-bot cleaned up 100% of the remaining bugs.

thought I would pass along this information.

:D

out

Not surprising at all. Thanks for testing it out though.

cool. thanks for the test.

I am just about to dump adaware and spybot. Not that they dont work extremely well, it is just that I am finding out that I do not need them. I have a program called pest control, that has a cookie monitor that runs silently in the background deleting third party cookies before the get to your pc. since I have been using that (about a month), everytime I run adaware or spybot, I come back completely clean.

AcftMecH

yahoo isnt even the best search engine, google is the SHIZNIT

AcftMecH said:
cool. thanks for the test.

I am just about to dump adaware and spybot. Not that they dont work extremely well, it is just that I am finding out that I do not need them. I have a program called pest control, that has a cookie monitor that runs silently in the background deleting third party cookies before the get to your pc. since I have been using that (about a month), everytime I run adaware or spybot, I come back completely clean.

AcftMecH
Is Pest Control free? Thanks

Actually, Yahoo is powered by Google. Just my .02 worth...

vivid

They were using their own engine, but switched to Google. As far as I know they are still licensing the Google engine for the U.S. Yahoo. They bought Inktomi a while back I believe. The system might change in the future because of that purchase, but I am pretty sure they are still on the google search and ranking system.

veronica said:
Is Pest Control free? Thanks

No, its not free, but you can run it on a free trial for a while, to see if it suits your needs.

I've been using it for a year and had no problems with it :)

polyglory said:
No, its not free, but you can run it on a free trial for a while, to see if it suits your needs.

I've been using it for a year and had no problems with it :)
Thank you
:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back