• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Yahoo Inc.'s new Anti-Spy

tdinc

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
I tested Yahoo's Inc. new Anti-Spy on my testing PC.

loaded my test PC with at least 20 well known and tough adware and spy bugs.
I ran the new software and then checked the results. it pick up 4 out of 20!
what a poor excuse of a program. I suggest Yahoo stick to search engines.
stay away from this one peeps. BTW, I then ran Spy-bot to clean up the mess
Yahoo's program left on the PC and Spy-bot cleaned up 100% of the remaining bugs.

thought I would pass along this information.

:D

out

cool. thanks for the test.

I am just about to dump adaware and spybot. Not that they dont work extremely well, it is just that I am finding out that I do not need them. I have a program called pest control, that has a cookie monitor that runs silently in the background deleting third party cookies before the get to your pc. since I have been using that (about a month), everytime I run adaware or spybot, I come back completely clean.

AcftMecH

V

veronica

AcftMecH said:
cool. thanks for the test.

I am just about to dump adaware and spybot. Not that they dont work extremely well, it is just that I am finding out that I do not need them. I have a program called pest control, that has a cookie monitor that runs silently in the background deleting third party cookies before the get to your pc. since I have been using that (about a month), everytime I run adaware or spybot, I come back completely clean.

AcftMecH
Is Pest Control free? Thanks

albybum

Penguin Rancher
They were using their own engine, but switched to Google. As far as I know they are still licensing the Google engine for the U.S. Yahoo. They bought Inktomi a while back I believe. The system might change in the future because of that purchase, but I am pretty sure they are still on the google search and ranking system.

V

veronica

polyglory said:
No, its not free, but you can run it on a free trial for a while, to see if it suits your needs.

I've been using it for a year and had no problems with it :)
Thank you
:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown