Yahoo and Windows Messenger

gillmacca

Macca
Need some help with Yahoo and Windows Messenger

Windows Messenger:
I have got the xp service pack one, with the updated windows messenger (4.7). With the latest and previous version, Windows messenger keep logging off or losing connection.

Yahoo Messenger:
Ever since I upgrade to XP, when using voice over a dialup, i keep losing voice and have to wait until voice reconnects

I use aol as my isp, but have also tried BT and Lineone, but still have the same problems

Any advice?

Many thanks for your help

Yahoo Messenger:
Ever since I upgrade to XP, when using voice over a dialup, i keep losing voice and have to wait until voice reconnects I have the same problem, but it might not be you, Yahoo has been having alot of problems lately with this same subject. I updated to the latest messenger and downloaded the new security Patch at>>>http://www.extremetech.com/article/0,,s=1024&a=27728,00.asp Also make sure you do the Audio Wizard Tests! So far i am back to normal now, they still have periodic problems though. Hope this helps you

Just scroll down to (where it says) "Further Reading" and click on "New Patched Version of Yahoo Messenger" and thats it. If i remember it downloads kinda fast ( of course i use Fresh Download for my downloads and that is fast Free service

Does it happen everytime you are chatting and are you using PC to PC or Pc to Phone?

i only use yahoo for pc to pc. I have tried reinstalling yahoo, reinstalling xp, but nothing seems to solve it. it happens all the time

I will look at some other tip sites to see what i can find out, meanwhile maybe someone will see your post and have an Idea for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back