Xvid and Media player?

Blue Jack

OSNN Addict
I have an Xvid movie, and after some trial and error, I found it will run perfectly in VideoLAN, thanks for that bit NTFS!!!!

But I am now on a quest to get my clips to run in Win Media player. I got the codecs from xvid.org and the video feed works great, but I am not getting any audio.

How do I get WMD to play with the audio? I'm not sure exactly what format the audio is in, the file itself is an avi file. To be honest, I wouldn't of known the video was in xvid format had it not been for videolan telling me....

I tried opening it up in InterVideo WinProducer to try to recompile the audio, but the file is unrecognized. Any tips?

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense, I'm quite the n00b when it come to audio/video files.

I could be wrong, but isn't AC3 the "generic" DVD audio codec? I can run AC3's fine, not sure if that came with the audigy or my DVD player.....

WMP play audio fine for my XVID files using the same codec that you downloaded. Have you tried any other XVID files to be sure that it isn't just that one? Other than that, there might be a conflict of some kind. :confused:

Why don't you get a codec pack? K-Lite Codec packs and Nemo codec packs work really well and should get you set for all modern codecs.

Before installing an AC3 codec, I could play DVDs fine on my PC. When it came to videos with AC3 audio though, I needed to actually install the codec. An AC3 codec should be with any codec pack if you choose to get a codec pack.

vern said:
Why don't you get a codec pack? K-Lite Codec packs and Nemo codec packs work really well and should get you set for all modern codecs.

Before installing an AC3 codec, I could play DVDs fine on my PC. When it came to videos with AC3 audio though, I needed to actually install the codec. An AC3 codec should be with any codec pack if you choose to get a codec pack.

K-lite worked perfectly. Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back