XPSP1 Problem

B

Bob S

I run a dual boot XP and W2000. I ran XPSP1 beta build 1089 (had it on a zip drive) just to see. Ran fine, but when I went to boot into W2000 I got a message that my WINNT directory system32 file was corrupted and I should try to repair.

Well, I keep Ghost backups of all my drives, so I merely reran a copy of W2000 I made last Friday, rebooted and still had the same problem. To me this meant that the beta on the XP drive had done something to my boot.ini file in all probability.

So I reran my XP drive from a Ghost made yesterday w/o the beta. Guess what, everything than ran fine, after reboot. So the beta caused the problem.

Question: Anyone else seen this and if so has the problem been corrected on newer builds and will it then be OK when the final is released.

Thank God for Ghost... Please advise

Lots of lookers, but not godd insight. Anyone seen this problem and resolution?

If it is your boot.ini file, then you can create a back up of it, or simply edit it yourself after installing SP1...

Yeah, I know...my question was has anybody else seen this happen and if so, has it been fixed?

it probably will be by the time the full version is out, you downloaded build 1089, thats already pretty old

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back