XPHome part of a domain?

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I would like to know if a WinXPHome machine can be introduced into an existing File Server domain using WinServer2003Standard? The other three machines run Win2000Pro in the domain.

If so, how can I intergrate it. Is there a wizard for XPHome?

Thanks in advance,

Heeter

Under normal circumstances, XP Home cannot join a domain. You would need to upgrade to XP Pro for that. However, there is a little tweak that might help:

However, it -is- possible to get on a domain using Windows XP Home Edition.

This can also be accomplished with the free and widely available Xteq X-Setup 6.1 by navigating to the "Network \ Auto Login \ Windows NT/2K/XP \ Settings" option within X-Setup. Simply enter the appropriate information and click "Apply Changes" - upon your next reboot, you can then join domains with WinXP Home Edition. Problem solved.

Download X-Setup: http://www.x-setup.net/downloads/home.asp
Let me know if it works for you. :)

wow cool little tweak. That is one to save. Thanks netRyder

Awesome Nets,

Always helpful. Will try later on tonight.

Heeter

I love that program.

Prefetch control, add nasty notes, add legal notices. Oh yeah.

Anybody know what the corresponding registry entry is for this tweak?

Curiousity.

Wouldn't be difficult to find out. Just start Regmon before you make the changes in X-Setup, and it'll show you which registry entries were added/removed/modified. :)

Someone gonna make a .bat file eh?

If you activate "Record Mode" in X-Setup it will write the changes directly to a reg file (provided the changes are made in the registry).

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back