XPee SP1 and ZoneAlarm Pro

S

Slagathor

I just installed SP1, and, just like Win2K SP1 Zone Alarm is broke, but this time it is causing the 'puter to reboot.

Anybody else having this problem???????

I'm running SP1 with ZoneAlarm 3 and I don't have a problem.

you need to disable XP's firewall, or else you get a bluescreen (in your case it automatically reboots), PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES. Just disable XP's firewall or un install zone alarm

XPee's Fire wall is disabled as far as I can tell....................

I look'd in the connection properties and the box was unchecked for the firewall, unless it's somewheres else.......:confused:

K, its in network connections --> local area connection --> properties --> advanced --> uncheck firewall.

That's for me.

Now you should disable the automatic reboot when your computer crashes.

Ok, I have done that, but I have also shutdown ZA, installed Sygate for a few days, if all goes ok, I am gonna reinstall XPee and stay away for the service pack.......:D

No problems here too, but sometimes not (very rare) in EVENT viewer it says the True Vector service could not load but i checked the Zone ALarm PRO preferences shows the True Vector was loaded. Strange......:eek:

sp1 za3

work fine here both running

as for error log viewer I too have seen that error at times but ZA is working I go and read the logs maybe 1 time every 2 weeks and have seen that error before but I dont see any trouble nothing is crashing , freezing , or rebooting for me

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back