XP2200 running as a XP1500

S

supershaun

I'm building a machine for a friend it says on the cpu its a 2200 it runs as a 1500. In a freinds machine it runs as a 2200. Ive tried a diffrent power supply reinstaled windows XP. Im stuck for ideas besides the Mobo could be faulty what else could it be? I'm new to this but learning fast.
The board is a MSI KT4 Ultra, Memory 256 PC2700. Any other info needed will be added when asked for.

HELP ME :(
Thanx in advance

What information is being provided..telling you its running as a 1500XP...have you read the manuel for bio's settings...jumper settings on the MB....setting the FSB...Mulitplier....

Computer properties is telling me its a 1500 also in the bios it say 1500. Thers no jumpers on the board and ive played about in bios.

Have you changed the bus speed in the BIOS? I used to have 100 100.. and my processor was a 1000 Ghz instead of a 1400 Ghz. So i changed it to 133 133 and now it runs as a 1400 Ghz. Im not sure if i have named it properly but i know in the BIOS there is something about bus with 2 numbers. Try changing the numbers to other ones like mine for example.. Worth a try

Another thing i can thing of is, is the chip a common misplacement error? Like you had a package which says 2200 when really whats inside the package is just a 1500 chip?

I hope this helps you alittle

Sincerly Alex :cool:

Ok.. i just checked up on my first idea (above ^).. and i found out that i changed the "CPU Speed" from 100 100 to 133 133.. and that gave me my offical CPU Speed

Hope this helps more :D

Sincerly Alex :cool:

Thank you Alex changed the speed to 133 its now a 2200 again thanx for the help. Thanx jroc as well. :D
I'm now a happy person again :)

good :)

a lot of mobos support older processors as well which had a 100mhz core clock... so for safety reasons they use 100 mhz clock so as not to blow them up by using 133 :)

just so you didn't think you had a faulty mobo :)

Cheers Sazar as usual Mr advice and knowlege central. :)

All info going into my little book for future refrence.

wow, these are some great forums... in comparison to the gamespy forums. Everyone is nice to each other... -makes awe face- :cool:

I had the same problem with my athlon xp 2100+ kept reporting as something like a 1700+ then I realised I had the bus speed set at 100 instead of 133. silly little dip switch.

I had that same problem when I first put together my new rig... for some reason, the fsb on my Epox 8RDA+ was set at 166MHz, pushing my AMD XP 2100+ to a 2700+! :eek:

Originally posted by Ragnarok
I had that same problem when I first put together my new rig... for some reason, the fsb on my Epox 8RDA+ was set at 166MHz, pushing my AMD XP 2100+ to a 2700+! :eek:

Muwhahaha, motherboard does hardcore overclocking for you, automaticially, and rather suicidal too :p

Originally posted by Nick M
Muwhahaha, motherboard does hardcore overclocking for you, automaticially, and rather suicidal too :p

Luckily I noticed it too... otherwise, I would of probably ended up with a charred mess. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back