XP2 My experience

Buckky

OSNN Newbie
I installed XP2 and when I rebooted I received the following message.

Windows could not find biosinfo.inf C:\windows\inf\biosinfo.inf

I was then prompted to use the Recovery console to repair. As I have never used the Recovery Console, I finally searched on the XP CD for this file and copied it to the proper location. I then rebooted and all is well. I almost forgot how to use the DOS commands....

Thats bizarre, but glad you could reach the RC and get it sorted.

Has anybody else had this problem? I haven't installed SP2 yet, because I am going to be doing a reformat..Just want to make sure this is just a weird time.

Bman™ said:
Has anybody else had this problem? I haven't installed SP2 yet, because I am going to be doing a reformat..Just want to make sure this is just a weird time.

I was missing my "Autoexec.nt" file from the system32 folder. There was a backup copy in the "C:\windows\Repair" folder.

Unrealtournament wouldn't load, but then I checked the properties on the firewall to allow port 7777 and it cleared the problem.

All-in-all I have been running firewall only and have yet to get a single spyware, adware, trojan infection, i.e. winKA, bridgeX.dll, lyco's, GAin, etc.

I used to run ad-watch, freesurfer, and Popupdummy all at the same time and would still get some form of infection, although much less then if I were not to run them.

I am very impressed with M$'s new SP2 and perhaps for the first time in there history they have actually delivered IMHO :)

Did you have Norton Anti-Virus, Style XP, Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% installed on your system when you updated to SP2? Having one or any of these on your system when updating to SP2 could cause this error.

Alcohol 120 created an error on my computer but uninstalling and reinstalling cleared that up...was getting an error with office xp but I did the same thing and the error was gone

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back