xp windows messenger status problem

surge

OSNN Senior Addict
I have windows messenger for xp , and iam having some problems wiht the status think, messenger seems to kick me off line and wont reconnect me until i goto change my status again, then it says "unable to change status please try later".

now I have my cable modem connecting to my pc via a linksys router thts has UPnP i have enabled this but iam still having problems. upnp is desabled on my xp Box

i can send and recieve files with no problem at all, so i dont know whats causing messenger to play up like this
i dont want to use voice or webcam with messenger

when i was using ADSL to get on line there was no problem with the status thing only sendign files, this might have been the adsl modem/router a Solwise sar703a showed my ports as "closed" on grc.com.

with the new router they are stelthed except ident and upnp ports.

hope some one can help, and thanks in avanced :D

- SuRgE -

[edit]--

after about 5 attempts at loging back in everthing is ok, i dont get booted offf. strange huh??

so know one knows the answer to my post then????

i have worked the problem out, it seems that messenger doesent like me using to much bandwith when downloading files over the internet.

sorry if my 1st post had loads of spelling mestakes, i was pi**ed off with the messenger cutting me off all the time..

o well problem solved :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back