rick_422

when i try to open up my computer or windows explorer
and go to the screen that shows all the hard drives and taht
all that happens is i see the torch thing going from side to side and thats all
doesnt show up
and it pretty much locks up
any ideas?
cheers

Try disabling all of the programs that are running in the background (using Start -> Run -> msconfig) and restart your computer. Then (with no programs running in the background) try opening it again. If that works, enable the programs one by one and see which one causes the trouble. If you found it, post again here.
This is the most time consuming, so do this when you're a couple of hours (just to be sure) off.

I would say that this is an issue peculiar to Win XP.
Having regularly checked every driver in the system , I have come across this as an intermittent problem.
It is possibly down to Antivirus software.
No regularly used software , other than that, has been a common denominator on my system.
I have used "free" Antivirus progs of various makes and would say that some driver updates / patches could be suspect .

yeah
it only happens sometimes
like now it works fine...:rolleyes:
just needed a reboot and a night to sleep i guess...:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back