XP, Win98 on NTFS + Fat 32 partitons

wingman411

OSNN Senior Addict
I am not sure if this is an application or hardware post. If it is on the wrong forum, please let me know and I can resubmit it on hardware forum.

I bought a new WD120GB HD (2MB Buffer) and I want to use it as my new drive. I currently have a WS 40GB HD that is partitioned roughly as follows:

10 Win98SE Fat 32
20 Data NTFS
10 WInXP pro NTFS

I want to set up the new 120 as follows:

20 Win 98 Fat32
50 Data NTFS
50 WinXP Pro NTFS

I don't want to do a clean install of the OS's, just partition the new drive as stated above, and copy the current 40GB stuff to the new partitions.

How should I go about this?
Such as what program to partition the new drive with or how to use the data lifeguard software that came with the new HD.

Thanks for any help provided.

Symantec Ghost will do it for you. It is not a free program, but then again anything that you might find to do what it is you need done will not be free. Good luck.

couldnt he just copy from your current hard drive, to your new hard drive.. then use a partion application to expand his partions?

seems easier than tracking down another program..

Try Acronis TruImage, which is much more user friendly than Ghost 2003, and does not need a reboot each time to copy system partition etc.
Its cheaper too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back