xp VS 64

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
IS IT WORTH BUYING AN AMD 3200XP OR JUST GOING OUT AND GETTING AN AMD64. bEARING IN MIND IF I GET A 64 I ALSO NEED TO BUY A NEW MOBO

With your current system, I don't see the point in dishing out that much money on a minor upgrade. You should continue using your existing system until you REALLY need to upgrade.

this is a bad time if your interested in future proofing, I don't think it's a good time to get a motherboard

How very cheery :)

Why is it a bad time for future proofing perris?

yea your computer seems to be nice save money from now to buy the best parts next year :D (amd 64 8000+)

Dublex said:
How very cheery :)

Why is it a bad time for future proofing perris?
I'm not as hardware aware as you guys, so don't take my opinion as anything too seriously.

obviously, with computers, there's never a great time to future proof, but now, I think sound cards aren't gonna spend too much more time on pci, skip pci-x, as that's more for servers, and go straight to pci-e

you can't really buy pci express stuff right now, so you need pci slots...maybe something with a few pci slots, and pci-e for when the time comes

I don't know...you can't really sit around and wait either

If you think your machine is running slow, I would probably suggest to format and re-install windows (with only the essential applications on top). That way, you'll clear out of the crap out of the registry and have a clean start. That's how I kept my machine running at 1500+ for more than a year. :)

I think your system is fine as is, even if you were to upgrade only your CPU the XP 3200 isn't the answer....XP 2600 Moble barton is :)

I say be happy for awhile longer :)

I have to say i've used almost all the of the 120gb of memory mostly on games, probably got about 20 games installed on the machine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back