XP Updates

K

kewlio

I downloaded and saved all the critical updates for Windows XP Pro and put them on cd so I can install them at a later time if i need to reload windows again. My question is will these updates I downloaded work for windows XP Home Edition to or will I have to download the updates for XP Home? I have one system that has XP Pro and one that has XP Home.

Thanks

Click here to go to the windows update catalog. Then click "Find updates for Microsoft Windows operating systems". Now select your operating system and click search. It will show you all the updates. Click Add to add all the updates you want to download to your download basket. Then when you are done click "Go to download basket". There it will let you pick a place on your hard drive to save all the updates to.

Hope this helps
Thanks

AHA!!!

corporate=true, that makes sense!

I figured there must be a way to do that, just never seen it.

Thank you! This will save me hours and hours in years ahead!

You can also get the updates and save them locally from www.techspot.com

They also have win98se /w2k/ME update pages, ALL the updates you'll ever need!! :D

I heve a question...

I while back I did an update on my pc and it added a new string for every single update file on my Add and Remove Programs List. How can I avoid this?? or Is this normal? cuz if it is it sucks...I can't stand having a long list of useless stuff.

thanx :p

Any tips on installing the downloaded updates?

I've got them all on my drive now, THANKS!!!

When I reinstall WinXP, how does the update process work?

I'm with SaintKaden. Now i've got all the hotfixes in the Add/Remove dialog. What can be done to have them not displayed or not even shown there?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back