XP: Unable to open folder contents across network

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Hey all...

I have my main pc in my living room with all my media on it. I currently have 3 drives C, D and E. I also have a computer in my bedroom that I use for audio production but also use to watch movies at night. I also have a LG BD390 Blu Ray in my living room that is hardwired to my router. I am unable to open the contents of the E drive on my living room PC on either the machine in my bedroom or from my blu ray. I'm not using simple file sharing and I have tried changing all permissions to allow everything by everyone. I have even tried taking owner ship of the drive again. I was sure to make sure changes were applied to all child objects. No matter what I do, I can not access the folder contents.

If it matters, living room PC is XP, Bedroom is Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate and the blu ray player is DLNA compliant.

IIRC everyone doesn't mean everyone, it means any user on the computer. Try making a user on the living room PC that has the same username and password as the bedroom PC.

For the bluray player, I've never used DLNA but I think its more of a media client then a file sharing client. Meaning you need to setup media sharing (easy on Win7 not so much on XP).

It's just odd because the other drives (C and D) show up no problem. I think the problem begins with the fact that D: was a drive moved from my old machine. I'll try making a new user with my other credentials in morning and see what happens. Also, IIRC, I didn't have this problem in the bedroom when I was running XP (but I could be mistaken, it's mostly a storage drive that I don't often want to access over the network).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back