XP-Tweaking Guide

Hi,

Sure I will do.
Could you please help me with a (example) of this disclaimer. I mean how it must look etc. etc.

Thanx a lot also for the mirroring. You are the first who receiving a new version of this guide :)

Lex.

lex, it doesn't have to look like anything more then what I just posted.

put that idea into your own words, and you're fine

Hi

Inside the Tweaking Guide you will find a disclaimer. I don't no if this is what you mean? Or you mean it must be extend with...

Let me know.

BTW for me it's also nice we can work together.

Lex.

Beautiful job, Lex! It sure looks like you put a lot of effort into it. Thanks a lot. That's some awesome work :)

Thanks to Enyo for providing a mirror for NTFS members as well.

Originally posted by avdhorst
Hi

Inside the Tweaking Guide you will find a disclaimer. I don't no if this is what you mean? Or you mean it must be extend with...

Let me know.

BTW for me it's also nice we can work together.

Lex.

here's the idea lex

some of the tweaks aren't valid in xp, such as the io pagelock, and the agressive pagefile thingy

also, some of the gui ideas come at a price in performance

for instance, having the taskmanager start with windows will use a few mbs if memory, and be constantly running...this is a bigger slowdown then many might think

rather then edit the intire text, much simpler to put in a disclaimer like I suggested up top.

lex, this is an incredible body of work, and I am not discrediting the effort,

I am saying though that if we are going to endorse the download, there needs to be a disclaimer similar to something I wrote up top

I am sure you guys can work it out ...
I have uploaded the version I have to the ntfs ftp.

For future updates I am working on a way of letting you upload.

I just tried downloading the file from Enyo's host and it said page not found :(

Yo-- EP let me know if you want me to provide a mirror as well.

I'll see how we cope :D
If it does cause us problems, I am sure my ISP can unwillingly participate :)

i already knew most of these tweaks :/

Originally posted by xxbigeyedfishxx
i already knew most of these tweaks :/

Yeah but what about the ones ya didn't know?

Great guide. Excellent screen shots. :D

great guide, and thanks EP for hosting it, went from the 10kbs to my nice 645kbs. lol great work on this lex. do you mind if i pass this through my irc frinds?? they might be intrested in it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back