XP-Tweaking Guide 1.4 Ready

i just found out winguides 'AlwaysUnloadDLL' is different from this program instructions.

Winguides
Open your registry and find the key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer].
Create a new sub-key named 'AlwaysUnloadDLL' and set the default value to equal '1' to disable Windows caching the DLL in memory.

XP-Tweak 1.4
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
Create a new DWORD value named 'AlwaysUnloadDLL' and set the default value to equal '1' to disable Windows caching the DLL in memory.

just wanna which one is correct or both are right and working

unloading dlls is definately not a good idea for most people.

when the os is not using a dll. the memory is allready released

when the os is using a dll, you do not want to unload it, do you

pretty simple, and this tweak is counter productive

there just aren't too many actual performance tweaks that do anything for xp that prove beneficial to most people

they were concieved before x... people just continue to use them as if they are a holy grail

pretty much the only thing you can really do to help this os is set ou the interface as convienently as possible

that will speed you more then even valid tweaks

things like putting your often used utilitiies at your fingertips, and stuff like that

never the less, this guide is an amazing resource, and it will continue to be an abundant download.

thanks!

thank you lex van der.. for your great guide!

its always goood to get some "user made" stuff...

... im really lookin forward to test your tweaks!

go on with da good work, dude!

:rolleyes:

in the Create Windows XP CD Slipstreamed with SP1a section, on of the needed items is, quote...
"The boot file which you can download Here"

anyone know where its talking about?

I can't seem to download this damn thing. I keep getting put to a page that says- Sorry, you cannot leech this file. You must visit the home page here

under network tweaks > Change TCP/IP Connection

is it:

nectResponseRetransmission

like it says in the text or:

nectResponseRetransmissions

like it has in the picture?

doom: I am not sure why this is happening... let me know if you are still having some issues and I will PM you a direct link.

What browser/additional security apps are you running?

Yeah I just checked it and now mine says that the file is being leeched. I could download it a few days ago.

I used the direct link and it works...

EP, I am having the same issue with trying to download from the home page. It says that I am trying to leech the file. I have cookies blocked from netshelter.adtrix.com, and my security settings are pretty standard in the medium range... so I'm not sure what the deal is. :confused:

muzikool: Are you directly clicking the link on the frontpage? I just redownloaded the file, and it seems to be working fine.

I think I need to link to the file info page...

Basically I am protecting the link now as sites were linking directly to the file (ie not thru php)

ya, can not allow direct links...defeats the purpose...getting people to have a look at the most helpfull site on the internet

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back