XP taskbar problem

R

robsta4

Hi Everyone,

I have a small but irritating problem at the moment with the taskbar in XP. Every now and again if i want to select a shortcut from the taskbar, the description of the shortcut displays behind the taskbar instead of in front. I have attached a screenshot to show exactly what i mean. A reboot seems to fix the problem, but it keeps happening. Has anybody else experienced it? and if so do you know what causes it, and how do i go about fixing it?

Many Thanks

Rob.

I get it occasionally too. I have not come across a solution for it either. I just don't bother with finding one.

for me it has no importance but seems to happend while taskbar is not locked

I have this same problem too, and you don't know how much it means to me to find others with the same problem. The way I've fixed it is to unlock the taskbar, drag it to another position (left, right, top, or bottom) then return it to it's original position, then, re-lock. This seems to fix the problem for me. Good luck.

I've gone back to the 'classic' theme before from XP's default, and both exhibit this problem. I do not use StyleXP or any other theme program. It only happens every once and a while, so it's not a big deal, but it can be when you're trying to get status information from a system tray icon pop-up message.

cool, thanks for the reply's guys. I know its not a big deal, i just wanted to see if anyone else has the same problem. Looks like a bug in XP to me...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back