XP startup sounds

F

Freakapotamus

I was wanting to change my start up sound for Win XP i did that bit ok. But it seems to cut off my sound around the 15 sec mark. So i cant get it to play the whole thing. Any ideas how i can get it to play all of it .. is there some sort of time limit or something, or file size limit ?

Not sure about that, I turn off all Start-up/Shutdown sounds for Windows.

IMO: You don't need sounds on start-up, especially one that's 15+ seconds, it just takes away performance you need to get your computer going.

If you really want to have music when you turn your PC on, have Winamp load on start-up.

Sorry I couldn't help you...

hehe i got a beast of a comp i can handlea music file at start up. All i know is i could do it with win 98 def longer than 15 sec anyways

lol...dunno then...mbe XP has a time guard or something so it won't slow you down if ur PC ain't a beast.

This is complete speculation but I believe XP does have a time limit because while the sound is playing it seems that nothing happens.

Just like back on 98...set a startup sound of like 3 minutes long...and once that sound started playing pretty much nada happened till it was on. I might be completely wrong but i'm givin it a shot heheh

Wheres Dirk?

There's got to be a registry 'tweak' for this...lol

Now that u guys r talkin about windows sounds, Do any of u know where i can get my hands on some windows sound schemes?, im getting really bored of the one ive had ever since i bought XP about 6 months ago:p

Ha....

I went to Leo Laporte's site : www.leoville.com and downloaded a bunch of different sounds (he has a whole section).

Now all of my error beeps have been replaced with Hal9000 (2001) telling me there is a problem, or "I can't do that".

That erily calm voice is great. I don't know about whole sound schemes though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back