XP-Spider - Tweak Tool - DONT USE!

X

XorCist

if u dont wanna lose ur bookmarks, i recommend not using this programs "clean disk utility" clean disk my butt.....it said it cleaned up loke 500 megs off stuff....yea thanks for killin my bookmarks in the process....and thanks for not working when i hit update and exit....

this program blows....i regret getting it...

let me add somethign too....

no matter what options i choose to "enable" in this program, it gives errors saying the disk is busy and it cant process the registry changes to change anything....

i swear.....

okay enuff ranting and raving for now....

Think I'll stay away from that one for now. Thanks for the heads up.

Bad programming at its best.

Ditto to what xsivforce said.

I really hate tweak programs that don't spell out exactly what they are doing at all times (specifically).

i think it should be removed from the frontpage....cause it does no good....

arghhhhh too late

Damnit this piece of crap ate my bookmarks too. someone should be in charge of testing these programs before they get posted so people like us dont get screwed over , thats just plain ridiculous !!!

Thanx for quick notification re this program. I had downloaded it but, fortunately for me, had not made any alterations to my system by using it.

All i can say is sorry :(

Anything and everything that is posted is tested, the only thing I didnt test on this app was the Cleanup Function as I had just done a fresh install, so had nothing to clean up.

Sorry about that - the post and program are deleted.

Strange - it didnt delete mine, it actually worked quite well ..

must have been lucky i guess

XP Spider

This program rots, It deleted all my Bookmarks, and not only that it deleted all the files i had in the "My documents" folder. Who ever made this program deserves a nice punch in the face, and not even that will get me bak my bookmarks n pictures n stuff. Who ever works this site should make sure 100% that the programs on here are safe and bug free, cuz if things like this keep happening with program put on here, this site is gonna loose some people!:confused:

But the site is still my favorite!:D :)

Originally posted by waddy
All i can say is sorry :(

Anything and everything that is posted is tested, the only thing I didnt test on this app was the Cleanup Function as I had just done a fresh install, so had nothing to clean up.

Sorry about that - the post and program are deleted.

thanks waddy.... its gone now...so hopefully no one else will go through what a few us of had to go through

Ok, Thats it, no more freeware for you...

GOD DAMN YOU PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

As i was saying, it's a BETAAA!!!!!!!
And it's GOATING FREEEE!!!!!!

So if you are having problems, TELL MEEEE!!!!!!!!

BTW

The latest version fixed that history bug...

Thanks for nothing...

Re: Ok, Thats it, no more freeware for you...

Originally posted by THEM
GOD DAMN YOU PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

As i was saying, it's a BETAAA!!!!!!!
And it's F******(edited for content) FREEEE!!!!!!

So if you are having problems, TELL MEEEE!!!!!!!!
Get a grip! :rolleyes:

To set some things straith...

Ok, I smoked another sigareth and I'm calmer now... ;-)

First, I DID NOT take responsibility for what it could do to your computer, as it is clearly mentioned at the "about" dialog of Xp-Spider... Not yet, anyway sindce it is a beta.

Second, sory that you could'nt e-mail me, BUT, also the e-mail adress is mentioned in the about and help file of the application.

Third, I received word that there is a "wrong" version of my application online. If you do not have a helpfile, or if the application download is the application itself and not a setup arround the application, it's the wrong version... (www.ultrarip.webb.be)

Anyway, fresh start, download and try it again if you like, it works without problems on my pc...
I always could have sent it to my BETA testers, but then again, it won't be a Freeware release...

We don't really post shareware or trials here unless they are applications that really interest us.

I have not tried this application, ,but people say it "cleans" more than what people thought...

Favourites.
My Documents...

I don't think people wanted these files removed ??

Cleaning out the bookmark links was a bug...
A small type error, instead of cleaning out the visited history...
I Changed it as fast as I could, but it was too late ;-)...

The application does delete a lot of files, if you allow it to, but NONE of the files it deletes now are required.

WindowsXp is a very large OS, it took up my whole C drive (2GB). With cleaning my drive with the cleandisk, I cleaned out over 500MB... I Tought it was well worth it.

THEM : the reason people are upset is , they have lost a lot of useful stuff on their machines, which is quite understandble.

Ok its a bug you say, that doesnt help them much :)

People do expect bugs in BETA software, but when the bug actually removes Data that is a serious issue and not a bug.

If you have Beta testers, then they should ensure it works before putting it to the public domain.

People do put a lot of hard work into getting there PC "Just right".

Im sure if you put out a solid FREE release we will all give it another try.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back