Xp - Sp1

R

rapscallion

I've had a search but not seen an answer to this one, so apologies if it's already been discussed.

When I installed SP1 about a month ago I took the option of being able to uninstall it, just in case. Having now decided that I'm happy with it, is there a particular way of removing all the $Ntservicepackuninstall files (and are there any others elsewhere ?) Or is it just a matter of deleting those files from the windows directory.

Posted by rapscallion
Or is it just a matter of deleting those files from the windows directory.

yep its as simple as that

it will leave a dead entry in add & remove progams

there is an option there to remove it

:cool:

After you remove the $Ntservicepackuninstall folder you can go into Add/Remove and click on SP1. You will then get a message saying something like "can't find SP1 would you like to remove this entry from the Add/Remove list". Just say yes and it will be gone.

Once again, thanks to you guys with the XP-erience :) I now have an extra 210MB freed up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back