XP SP1 Problem - Please Help

I

ImAStupidAss

Hi Guys,

Please help me, I just installed SP1 on a mates brand new machine and it's totally messed things up. I couldn't do a normal boot into Windows because the graphics were messed up, so I had to boot into safe mode.

I then did a system restore to just before I installed SP1 but this hasn't fixed the problem, and SP1 is not in the Add/Remove list.

What can I do? I don't have the original XP CD just a restore CD that was shipped with the machine, would running this remove SP1?

Thanks in advance

Well I think a restore cd will restore the computer to the way it was when it left the factory, so yes it would most likely get SP1 off the system but u will lose every program and anything that is on the system that was install after it left the factory. If its got a single partition hard drive if it as a two or more partitions then all u will lose is the shortcuts and the registry entries.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back