XP SP1 install

B

Bornloser

Downloaded the XP SP1 and trying to install. Get the following error: "Setup could not verify the integrity of the file update.inf. Make sure the cryptographic service is running on this computer".

It IS running! Cannot find any more info on this error and it's really p**sing me off. As much as I like XP, I'm getting ready to dump it because of all this M$ BS. Thought ,maybe I had a corrupt download because I had to resume it due to super slow speeds. I redownloaded it this morning without a resume or any glitch, and still the same problem. Any ideas?

The Microsoft document about "Known Issues of SP1.." says to this error:
2. Error 0x00000426 - Cryptographic services are disabled. Re-enable Cryptographic services. Control Panel > Administrative tools > Services > Cryptographic services (double-click) > Start. – Q326815

The knowledge base article Q326815 seems to be not yet available, so perhaps waiting a few days may help. Have you doublechecked that this service is really started?

Yes it is started. I guess I will have to wait for the official release and then I might find more info on the matter. Thanks.
If this keeps up, I'm definitely going back to Win98!

I would wait til the offical release comes out, MS will supply tech support once it is offically out.

could it mess up the computer so u would af to reboot and install XP again and that or wat

maybe, i would backup your data before hand anyway

ok i installed sp1

what is different or better or worse?
installed with no problem.......i see that i can now uninstall window components like IE....Msg.....

in the Add/Remove Programs there is a button to the side (I am guessing I dont have SP1) called Add/Remove Windows Components. I think it would be there. Slightly hidden as they dont want you to.

no all that does is removes the IE icon from desktop/start menu. IE can not be uninstalled that way. just take a look at the the amount of space that is shows for IE in the windows components. it's a meer 0.4MB

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back