XP SP1 install problem

I

insaNity

when I try to install XP SP1, the files extract ok, then it brings up the first step of the wizard.
this window then closes itself and a moment later it brings up this error (attached) "Service Pack 1 Setup Canceled"

I'm wondering what is the cause of this? could it be a service I tweaked or something?

please see attached error screeny.
thanks.

Is antivirus running?
Are any applications running in the background except standard wiindows services, etc?
If so, shut them down.

Yeah, try and enable the services that you toyed with, wouldn't hurt, although I doubt thats causing it.

Also, is your XP legit? If its cracked or warez, that will do it too.

Good luck.

In many of the cases this error appears the reason is you sometimes used XP-Antispy and disabled two dll files needed. If so you need to start XP-Antispy again and reset the settings or

Start>Run and type in the run box the following
regsvr32.exe licdll.dll OK
regsvr32.exe regwizc.dll OK

If this is not your case there are several threads in this forum about the problem - must however confess that at least two didn't find a solution.

ahh, good old xpantispy I installed and forgot about all so long ago

thanks yoyo, the regsvr32.exe commands fixed it :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back