XP SP1 Error

C

cyberrico

I'm trying to install SP1. I'd love to tell you what the error message is when I run sp1, but the dialog box comes and goes in a split second.

I also get this mystery message when I attempt to extract the files and try to run it manually (if that's even possible). This leads me to believe that my file is corrupt, but I doubt it.

I also tried going to do the update directly from Microsoft's web site (which I don't like doing) and that didn't work either. Still no readable error message.

Any suggestions?

There should be a file svcpack.log in your Windows directory. Open it with notepad and see if you can find some information there. Also eventviewer may be a place to look at.

not. but i updated the key if that's what you mean.

read the forum guidelines!! No warez on this forum. First buy yourself a legit copy then your problmes will likely dissappear

Try redownloading SP1. That's all I can really say, aside from buying a legit XP.

Melon

XP will not work with blacklisted CD keys.

Perhaps you just changed it to another blacklisted one.

Yeah I dont see a point in this thread... Help a person with an illegal copy of Windows XP is a big no-no here. Dont ask for help on that, it is against the forum guidelines.

Thread Is Closed

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back