• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XP SP1 Error

C

cyberrico

I'm trying to install SP1. I'd love to tell you what the error message is when I run sp1, but the dialog box comes and goes in a split second.

I also get this mystery message when I attempt to extract the files and try to run it manually (if that's even possible). This leads me to believe that my file is corrupt, but I doubt it.

I also tried going to do the update directly from Microsoft's web site (which I don't like doing) and that didn't work either. Still no readable error message.

Any suggestions?

yoyo

There should be a file svcpack.log in your Windows directory. Open it with notepad and see if you can find some information there. Also eventviewer may be a place to look at.

read the forum guidelines!! No warez on this forum. First buy yourself a legit copy then your problmes will likely dissappear

L

Luna64

XP will not work with blacklisted CD keys.

Perhaps you just changed it to another blacklisted one.

P

PseudoKiller

Yeah I dont see a point in this thread... Help a person with an illegal copy of Windows XP is a big no-no here. Dont ask for help on that, it is against the forum guidelines.

Thread Is Closed

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saryrehgy