XP SP1 comes out when?

V

Vorpal

Just curious.... I noticed the comment in the news yesterday that it should be out in a day or too. But, I haven't seen anything else mentioned about the release anywhere else.

It'll be released when you Click the Search picture next to the Home picture and look up SP1 Release.... and then have a page of 100 other people asking the same thing =)

It WAS supposed to be released today - the 28th, but as with all things software it might be delayed a day or two. All indications i have seen suggest that it will be out by the end of the week though, and it may still come out at some point today.

However, in the absence of any official confirmation from Microdosh we will just have to wait and see.

well according to ms's roadmap... it will go RTM today... this does not mean it will be released onto the web, but to manufacturers so they can prepare to ship the updated release with new machines...

inevitably this means it will be leaked and you will be able to patch your existing XP installation.

Whether the express install will be leaked...

WindowsXP went RTM in August 24th last year but wasn't released for a while.. so we will have to wait and see what happens!

I just posted a story on the front page about SP1: Originally expected today, and then delayed until the end of this week, Windows XP Service Pack 1 (SP1) will now ship within ten days, according to Microsoft.

Go have a read :)

how big is SP1?
if it's 200 megas..then I won't download it!
130 megas take 13 hours.
it's like an arrow in the A$$.

if im right it will be 130 meg...
13 hours is way long, 28.8 kb modem ;) I have cable so i have it within an hour or shorter.

Originally posted by sboulema
if im right it will be 130 meg...
13 hours is way long, 28.8 kb modem ;) I have cable so i have it within an hour or shorter.

What kind of cable do you have? A hour? lol that must be one slow connection. Most cable people can get it in 15 mins or less...

damn 15 min!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Thats fast, thought my connection was fast. Here in the netherlands its fast maybe in america its faster i dont know...
I think i need an hour to download it. :(

SP1beta was...

The beta version I got was 147 meg in rar format. I don't know why I d/led it, I never installed or even extracted it, but most likely it is slightly bigger than that once extracted.

128 Meg is that enough for a Service Pack, they should have a new version of XP rather than that man.... :D

be patient.. they're working on the next OS as we speak. lol.
might be out next year. :)

but the next Os is just a shitty upgrade, like Windows Me... pointless ****.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back