• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XP SP1 comes out when?

V

Vorpal

Just curious.... I noticed the comment in the news yesterday that it should be out in a day or too. But, I haven't seen anything else mentioned about the release anywhere else.

M

mbunny

It'll be released when you Click the Search picture next to the Home picture and look up SP1 Release.... and then have a page of 100 other people asking the same thing =)

It WAS supposed to be released today - the 28th, but as with all things software it might be delayed a day or two. All indications i have seen suggest that it will be out by the end of the week though, and it may still come out at some point today.

However, in the absence of any official confirmation from Microdosh we will just have to wait and see.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
well according to ms's roadmap... it will go RTM today... this does not mean it will be released onto the web, but to manufacturers so they can prepare to ship the updated release with new machines...

inevitably this means it will be leaked and you will be able to patch your existing XP installation.

Whether the express install will be leaked...

WindowsXP went RTM in August 24th last year but wasn't released for a while.. so we will have to wait and see what happens!

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
I just posted a story on the front page about SP1: Originally expected today, and then delayed until the end of this week, Windows XP Service Pack 1 (SP1) will now ship within ten days, according to Microsoft.

Go have a read :)

S

SmoothImmigrant

Originally posted by sboulema
if im right it will be 130 meg...
13 hours is way long, 28.8 kb modem ;) I have cable so i have it within an hour or shorter.
What kind of cable do you have? A hour? lol that must be one slow connection. Most cable people can get it in 15 mins or less...

damn 15 min!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Thats fast, thought my connection was fast. Here in the netherlands its fast maybe in america its faster i dont know...
I think i need an hour to download it. :(

T

tinomen

SP1beta was...

The beta version I got was 147 meg in rar format. I don't know why I d/led it, I never installed or even extracted it, but most likely it is slightly bigger than that once extracted.

J

jamichel2000

128 Meg is that enough for a Service Pack, they should have a new version of XP rather than that man.... :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timpage