• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XP SP1 Bug??

D

davinwv

After installing SP1 over a clean XP Home installation, whenever I switch from my user account to my wife's account using the "Log Off" option in the Start Menu when a dial-up connection is active, the mouse jumps to the upper left corner of the Welcome Screen. This behavior does not occur when a dial-up connection is not present. This behavior does not occur when a dial-up connection is active and I switch from her account to mine.

Is this happening to anyone else?? It's no biggie, but it's just annoying.

Thanks,
Davin

Henyman

Secret Goat Fetish
Political User
i've noticed similar prob's @ times,ie when i click 2 shut down the mouse sudenly jumps 2 top left,only hapened a couple of times after sp1,hasn't done it recently

D

davinwv

New Info

I now know that this mouse bug is NOT related to an active dial-up connection, but related to being logged in on MSN Messenger when the user switch takes place. When I'm logged out, the mouse stays where it should.

Any ideas?? (other than not using Messenger)

Davin

D

davinwv

Update

Okay, a bit of an update on this:

The mouse jumping behavior is related to Windows Messenger. When I'm logged in, the mouse jumps when switching users. When I'm logged out, it doesn't occur.

Here's the weird thing - if I log into Messenger on my wife's account, it doesn't occur. So, I thought it was a problem with my account. So, I deleted my account, rebooted, and recreated it. After recreating, the problem still occurs.

Another thing I've noticed is that after my machine runs for a few days, the mouse jump does not occur when logged in to Windows Meessenger. But after a fresh boot, it always happens.

Does anyone have any ideas?? This is really annoying!! Could there be residue of my previous user account still causing problems??

Thanks,
Davin

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies