Xp SP1 and Media Player

L

looopy

After successfully installed SP1, whenever I try to open a file (either mp3, avi or whatever) under Media Player, I get an error message. The same error stays after I upgraded it 9 beta

The following is the error signature.

AppName: wmplayer.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.2799 ModName: mmswitch.ax
ModVer: 0.9.4.0 Offset: 00004e86

Any advice?

You can try removing WMP from add/remove programs and reinstalled the Beta 9 WMP, see if it helps.

The real problem is that I encounter the same error with Real player:

AppName: realplay.exe AppVer: 6.0.11.780 ModName: mmswitch.ax
ModVer: 0.9.4.0 Offset: 00004e86

Both error msgs have mmswitch.ax, I guess that's the source of error, how should I fix it?

Edit: I think it's a problem related to Nimo code build 8

mmswitch.ax seems to be a DirectShow filter that interferes with several players. You can get rid of it by: START< RUN type: regsvr32 /u C:\...\...\mmswitch.ax (Insert the path for...\...) Information gained only by a quick Google search, so no guarantee. You can undo the action by repeating it without the /u .

I uninstalled Nimo 8 and installed Nimo 7, unchecked some stuff that my system doesn't need, now everything's fine.

I think this has the making of a bigger bug, after SP1 my WinDVR2 stop working with the same error message, I'll try the Nimo fix now, athough have tried the build 8 and lite pack with no result. :mad:

i heard rumors that xp service pack 1 restricts use of mp3 files. I have been unable to find details on the internet. Does anyone know about this?

Originally posted by rlatchana
i heard rumors that xp service pack 1 restricts use of mp3 files. I have been unable to find details on the internet. Does anyone know about this?

Nah, thats just a rumour, i have been using SP1 with no problems, and i have some 2000 mp3's!:cool:

SP1 has been emitting small bugs on my system though, it for some reason disables the SOUND icon on the system tray, so now i have to keep gonig into Control panel to adjust sound!!:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back