Xp Sp1 1090

S

super.red

I have installed the service pack twice now and both times it will not boot i just get the blue screen of death and before you ask yes it is a legal version of XP. Are there any applications that you have to remove before loading SP1 and do you have to remove the Windows update files before loading SP1.

Cheers

Yes thanks for the obvious i was just wondering if it had happened to anyone else

no

I installed 1090 without a hitch and did not have to remove anything ..... then again I had formatted and did it on a clean install , only thing I needed to do was replace the uxtheme.dll with the one from 1089 (works fine) on 1090 , and edit the reg to remove the testing purposes only crap other than that it is great very smooth, no bugs at all here

I use the .dll

no I dont use stylexp I just use the .dll that allows us to have or themes without needing the stylexp

1089 no problems. 1090 full of bugs (mainly explorer crashes). Also, don't uninstall your NAV 2002 and try reinstalling it under any of these betas because NAV will not install (doesn't recognize the OS). Anyway, I'm waiting for the "official" SP1 release. No more "BETAS" for me...

These skin apps are all over-rated and steal performance from the OS. Who cares how it looks, what is most important is how it performs. When you all get older you will know what I mean...:D

skins

Originally posted by SnookBooger
These skin apps are all over-rated and steal performance from the OS. Who cares how it looks, what is most important is how it performs. When you all get older you will know what I mean...:D

You're right there Snook. But then again, it would be nice to have the best of both worlds. The looks and the performance. On growing older tho' you certainly have :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back