xp sound recorder

D

DiK

Since upgrading a friend's win98 to XP he found that his creative recorder won't record. He gets an error message saying that it won't initialise creative server because files are corrupted or missing. Even the upgrade exe from creative don't fix this, and upon trying to use xp's own recorder, THAT won't even record. Everything else runs hunky dory. Just record don't record. Baffled.

I managed Creative Recorder to work, but what a pain !
I installed Liveware3 for Win2k (which contains the recorder), it messed up my Live drivers and even crashing XP before completion, reseted it, I tried to reinstall LW3 (in safe mode maybe) and it worked. I then run "SBLiveXPDrvUpdate.exe" and everything is ok about drivers and the recorder records just fine !

It worked for me at least... I do hope it will be the same for you !

Thankew very much. Sorry you had problems as well, I have taken the massive step of ordering the pukka XP driver disk from Creative seeing as they don't let you download the software from their site. It appears that there is a bit of a compatibility problem with the original drivers coupled with the upgrade. On the installation I had trouble with the driver software failing to properly access the registry to register the drivers. As I said, I have ordered the CD from Creative, and as you are the only person to have replied to my post I will gladly burn you a copy of the CD if you wish and send it on to you. Email me if you want a copy! Thanx! email jc.simpson@virgin.net

I quote: "they don't let you download the software from their site", what do you mean with this ? Recorder is included with LiveWare3 for Win2k as I said before, did you try what I've done myself ?

Quote: "On the installation I had trouble with the driver software failing to properly access the registry to register the drivers.", would you be more precise as I never encountered this before. My first installation of LW3_WIN2K failed and froze XP, but second try rewarded me as you know (I attached a screenshot to prove my point).
Let us know, please !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back