XP sound problem

A

ao-t

I recently installed XP professional. Most things went fine, except that i now do not have any sound. My sound card is a C-Media CMI87378/C3DX. XP says that everything is installed properely, the drivers i am using are 'digitally signed'. It should work, but unfortunately it doesnt. i have no sound playing (i have checked the volume control etc etc). the only time i get what could be called sound is when i try to play something in media player 8. i get a very annoying clicking noise coming out of my speakers which can be controlled by the volume control thing, and doesnt stop enless i log off or turn off my computer. Today i formatted, and installed xp fresh (i had previously upgraded from win98se). the problem still exists, which is very annoying. i need sound on my pc because i use it for music and the silence is really getting to me. could anyone help me or will i be forced to downgrade to 98se which i would prefer not to as i like the rest of the features in xp.

cheers, Aaron

So are the drivers you have the newest from your manufacturer? since if XP is reporting no problems or device conflicts i'm willing to guess it's a driver problem...best you could do is contact manufactuere or such, sorry man..but I might be wrong

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back