XP (sometimes) fails to use a re-dialled connection

Rigsta

OSNN Addict
OK, like many UK 56K-ers I'm on ntlworld 'cos it's cheap. Annoyingly, it has the 2-hour cut off. This usually just results in a quiet curse and a click of "re-dial", but recently it's caused XP to fail to access internet resources after re-dialling. Not ONE BIT of data will be transferred no matter what program, protocol, or whatever I try to access.

The strangest part? It doesn't always fail. Sometimes I can re-dial and carry on surfing, other times I have to restart... *confoosled*

Any ideas? A power cycle is a bit too elaborate a re-dial process for me... :p

I've seen only one or two others with this problem. Have you got sp1 installed? All I can think of.

I've experienced this from time to time with my ISP (local to me, in the states).

I'll dial, get a connection, and nothing will work.
das blinkenlichten are doing their thing, but nothin is talkin.

I usually just hang up, and redial, and that always works.

I'm not sure if this is related to your problem, so I'm not sure if it's the same thing. This happens about once every couple of weeks, and is pre and post SP1 install.

-Ryandor

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back