XP slow video with new Voodoo drivers

Y

yosibeck

I own a Voodoo3 3000 card. Recently I changed to XP. Downloaded new (third party) 3dfx drivers and installed them. Problem: slow video performance. For example when you drag a window it leaves a white space behind for a second or so, or sometimes it leaves stripes behind for a while before the screen recovers. Also: when opening a folder it takes a second or so for the icons to "fill in". None of these things occurred before I installed the new drivers.
Where in XP can I adjust video settings. How to fix this??? What to tweak???
Thanks for any help.

Hey

Keep trying new drivers. I have a Voodoo 3 3000 on a P2 333 128 megs ram system and it runs fine. Even got GLIDE to work !

I took me about a week looking and looking for drivers.

What I ended up doing is using 2 drivers togther. I installed one then copied and pasted the other drivers to the system folder.

Only overwrite older files............

Sorry but I cant remember what drivers I downloaded.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/blueowl/v3-wxp-notools.zip

or this page... got all my voodoo drivers for XP here.

http://www.voodoofiles.com/

Hope this helps.

:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back