Xp shuting down programs

P

Parting Ways

I am having a huge problem, yesterday I recieved an error that said explorer.exe has encountered an error and must close, now every time I try and open documents in programs the program closes, I tried system restore with no luck any suggestions???

Thanks
B.

did you scan for viruses, trojans. spywares?
click on ALT+CTRL+DELETE to run task manager..see what is running in the background.

Tried all of that no luck, decide to just to reinstall windows and go from there, lost a few files in the process to but oh well. Thanks for the suggestions.

B.

Its incredible the amount of 3rd party marketing "spyware" that we all are downloading. go to google search engine and type in trojan horse or viruses. There are alot. Also "malicious scripts" that look and act like viruses but aren't as destructive to programs, mostly just annoying programs marketing companies hiding this crap in our PC's. Often you'll see this in TOS. So check CLOSELY before you download anything as these companies that offer FREE software "freeware" etc, are working in "cahoots" with these 3rd party marketing companies to have a reason to drop some spyware in your pc to watch our surfing habits.. They can cause alot of problems however........
180 Solutions > MSbb.exe (nCASE) along with many other..

Well I use virus scanner, firewall, ad aware, I check everything I download and haven't seen anything, the root problem involved an error with explorer, which then caused me to not be able to open files in programs, causing my programs to close. I did a complete check of my computer and found nothing, if something was there it was hidden well. But I have spen thte last 8 hours trying to reinstall all of my programs and files and I am alomst finished. Hopefully this problem doesn't happen again.

B.

Just for the heck of it parting ways. go to search>run>regedit and check out your software categories. You might be surprised and what spyware is still hiding here. I thought I was rid of 180 solutions as I deleted it everywhere and then I found it again.
Make sure you make of copy of what you delete here in case you have any problems..

Well I reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled xp a couple of days ago so I doubt anything is left on there now, I will try that next time though. Thanks for the help.

B.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back