XP Service Pack 1 Installation.

Capricorn

OSNN Senior Addict
After about 10 hours I have managed to download Service Pack 1 using my 56k modem. It appears to have installed OK and shows:- Build 2600 - XPSP1 020828-1920 (Service Pack 1) on my desktop. Can anyone please confirm for me that this is the final version? Also any advice, if needed, on set up?

the service pack should be build 1106.. Otherwise its an earlier release

I have downloaded it to but I haven't got a water mark on my desktop. If i go to Explorer\Help\About Windows it shows me the following : Build 2600.xpsp1.020828-1920: Service Pak1. So I guess that your version is the final one, but i don't know ehat it's showing you on your desktop.

It should be right. To confirm the version you can go to: C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 ,rightclick a file like explorer.exe, choose properties, go to the version tab - the version number should be: 6.0.2800.1106

yoyo is right. explorer.exe should be 6.00.2800.1106

Capricorn ... your version of SP1 is final.
As for the watermark, I wouldn't worry about it. I added it intentionally using TweakUI and it does show the same numbers as you have.

<---- *Looks at post count* ;)

Originally posted by NetRyder
Capricorn ... your version of SP1 is final.
As for the watermark, I wouldn't worry about it. I added it intentionally using TweakUI and it does show the same numbers as you have.

<---- *Looks at post count* ;)

hey Net Ryder..what is the number after 499? answer me to make it 500 :D

I wish I was able to get that far....When I try to install SP1 ....it says ....

SERVICE PACK 1 Setup error
Service Pack 1 setup Canceled.

Any idea what Im doing wrong?

well one of the things could be ur cd-key is on M$ blacklist which means u can't upgrade to the Service Pack that seems to be the most logical based on what little info I've got to work with in ur case PUDBUDZ. I also might be careful on this subject since if my guess is right this ain't the place to talk bout that

I hope its not on the blacklist!....being im one of the fools that spent $300 on it!

Ok if u bought it u shouldn't be on the blacklist. Also it makes it a little easier to answer since u have a legal copy. Can u post the actual error message u get when u try to install the Service Pack or SP for short.

I turned off some of my services that i didnt think were needed....Is there any Services that must be Started to do the update that you know of?

The error message Says:

SERVICE PACK 1 Setup error
Service Pack 1 setup Canceled.

Then the messages closes b4 i can even capture it!

As far as the services go I can't think of any that the SP would need. Um as far as the error goes I've got no idea generally if u get an error it would provide some more info then what u r getting.

CRAPOLA....Thanks for the input anyway....i'll just keep plugging away at it!

PUD

Did you use the program XP-Antispy? If so this may be the cause and you will have to reregister the files licdll.dll and regwizc.dll.

Sorry. Good Luck. But keep checking around here and somebody might be able to be of more help then me

there's no way i would have downloaded that..im going to wait for the CD....it's gonna go on sale tommorow along with the release....MS server's will prolly crash from all the downloads....Expect a lot of MS news tommorow...:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back