XP registry files

A

amphrodite

Anyone know where are the XP registry files hidden ?

Which is which ?

As in W98 user.dat, system.dat !

and the registry backup cab files, rb003 etc

Additionally the actual files of the User Hives are ntuser.dat and ntuser.dat.log in
C:\Documents and Settings\username

Thank you

yes, When ever I use regvac to clean my regisrty
for some reason it kill one of my application and others?
(i.e it will start)

Instead of re-install the application.

I will just copy the registry files over when I
boot to the other partition!

Why do you use regvac, if it causes problems constantly? Thought it was meant to fix problems.
Personally I doubt the usefulness of registry cleaners in general, but did you try another one, jv16 for instance?
Also a registry cleaner should make backups that you can restore.

Hi
When ever I use JV16 power tools, it keep showing the same keys in the cleaner after a new boot. Most of the times it is a long list of start menu items 2 .... They appear everytime I run the cleaner.

Originally posted by skamaraju
Hi
When ever I use JV16 power tools, it keep showing the same keys in the cleaner after a new boot. Most of the times it is a long list of start menu items 2 .... They appear everytime I run the cleaner.

I suspect those crop up when I do system restores...restores dont always overwrite certain files, more like rename and reasign paths...could be wrong but i delete all those startmenu2 thingies regardless if they're green or red.

RegVac clean up the Class registry well if its chosen properly!

Yes , I used jv16 as well

Honestly..

My prefer method is manual removal..

Did it for years..

just getting lazy lately that's all

How do you do it manually? Where do you search for the obsolate entries and delete them? Is it easy? I am a beginner

By default XP does not back up the whole registry in the "Export" function in regedit.
Try" Erdnt" in Google search.

Just use the search function for the applicaion
for e.g NeroCD bruning soft

the company is ahead
Do a search for nero and ahead
and delete the registry entries!

sometimes you might want to check the .inf if any to delete thwe Class entries as well ( make sure you export/backup the registry entry if you are not sure)

but there are other related entries which is not as straight forward!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back